Make a Donation
Home > Paws Saved: Lexy
Lexy

We are so happy to say that despite her curious nature, which got her into some trouble recently, sweet Lexy is now fine. Out for a walk, she stumbled upon some litter and what was left of a torn dollar bill. Curious, she picked it up and ate it. Residue on the dollar, later discovered to be an opiate, caused Lexy to nearly accidentally overdose. Her owner's daughter responded to the immediate symptoms and contacted PIN for emergency help late one Friday night. Our very responsive vet partner, Bishop Ranch, jumped into action and saved the dog. Here she is resting comfortably after treatment and we are thrilled we could all come to the aid of this very needed, therapy dog for her senior owner. No more picking up trash for Lexy!